About the NACLE Scholars Competition:
The NACLE Scholar Competition offers students from NACLE member institutions the chance to give their voices an international reach from center stage. Competition winners of the NACLE Scholar Competition receive:
- An invitation to present their paper at NACLE workshops and conferences;
- Travel expenses covered by NACLE (including airfare and lodging);
- Networking opportunities with other NACLE scholars and top legal scholars and practitioners from Canada, Mexico and the United States;
- NACLE Scholar Certificate of Achievement; and
- Feature on the NACLE website.
The winning paper from each of the 11 NACLE law schools will be presented at the workshop and conference. Students must be enrolled in a NACLE member law school to be eligible for the competition. Candidates may be enrolled in an initial law degree or Master of Laws program.
- The paper must address a comparative aspect of North American Law or NAFTA;
- The research paper must be unpublished;
- The paper must be written during the current academic year for either course credit or independent study credit at a NACLE school;
- The paper may be written either by a candidate for either the initial law degree, or a candidate for a Master of Laws degree;
- The paper may be written in English, French or Spanish. (It is strongly preferred that presentations be in English.)
- Faculty from each NACLE member school will select a winning paper from that school.
- All winner will receive an invitation to present their papers at the annual NACLE conference.
- NACLE covers travel expenses, including hotel and airfare, to the conference.
The deadline to submit your paper to the NACLE faculty representative at your school has now passed. Please stay tuned for news about the new deadline.