Marketing automation delivered big things: more conversions, leads, and sales with less work. According to one research, businesses that use automation have noticed increased sales and reduction in marketing overheads.
For business owners and marketers, automation offers an excellent opportunity for improved customer experience, cost reduction, and greater efficiency.
Adopting marketing automation may seem intimidating at first, however, with adopting the right marketing concepts and by following the right tips, it is easier than you think.
How Can Automation Improve Your Marketing Strategy
Almost 50% of marketing leaders believe that automation will become even more important as an approach in 2020 which is something you need to keep in mind when hiring new employees in 2019.
Here are three marketing concepts and how automation can influence them:
1. Redirect Focus to Marketing Strategy
The end goal of any automation is to grow efficiency. We all know that marketing projects require certain resources, including money and time. Automation frees up time which can be better spent on important business tasks that require the expertise and skills of your team members.
Automated processes will take care of lead nurturing, customer communications, social media management, content scheduling, market research, and more. Implementing automation can lead to increased productivity, as well as, better efficiency for your store and business.
2. Support Customer Interactions
When establishing relationships and nurturing leads, effective communication is important. This doesn’t require your employees spending all day writing emails.
One of the easiest things to do at this point is email automation. When a visitor makes a conversion, a well-written automated email can be sent to a new potential customer to keep him warm and interested in what you have to offer.
This has two benefits. It not only provides a guarantee that this communication has been sent at the right time but it also doesn’t require extra input from your side. All you need to do us set the rule up. That’s it! You can sit back and relax.
From emails, you can move on to other formats, for example, your website, chatbots for customer support, automatic phone reminders, limited offers by text message, and etc. Your customers will receive the support they need throughout their shopping journey, automatically, of course.
3. Gather Meaningful Insights
Automation software acquires and analyzes information regarding customers, leads, campaign success, sales, profit, and etc. This helps both business owners and marketers to access the results of past and current marketing campaigns, as well as, predict which strategies will bring in the best results in the feature.
These analyses allow each stage of your marketing strategy to improve. Businesses can also benefit from A/B testing which allows them to optimize content for maximum impact (the content can be optimized in real time).
How to Implement Automated Marketing Processes
There are four steps toward automation:
- Determine the right tasks: The first thing you need to do is look for your most repetitive marketing duties. Automating response emails can significantly reduce the administrative work on your team. Choose marketing tasks that are time-consuming and compatible with automation.
- Choose automation software: When it comes to automation software, there are infinite choices. When starting out, filtering the best ones can be challenging. Go through the most popular ones and keep in mind that there is a software out there that is tailored to your industry. You may expand your research and check out the different options before you decide to commit long-term. There are platforms that offer a free trial. This gives you a chance to test the software and the features it offers, and evaluate which one is the best fit for you.
- Train your team: Automation makes marketing more efficient. However, the introduction of new software requires an investment in staff training. It is important for your employees to understand how automation helps their day-to-day tasks. Reveal the benefits and give your employees an opportunity to test out new options while solving any issues or concerns they might have. Keep in mind that marketing automation is predicted to become very important marketing skills and businesses that are responding quickly will rip off the benefits.
- Review automation effectiveness: Implementing marketing automation doesn’t mean you are done with all the work. After a while, a review of what is working well, what could be improved, and the impact of automation is highly recommended. This helps you make appropriate adjustments.
On the horizon, there are so many exciting cases of how automation will help digital marketers accomplish their goals. Machine learning and data science change the way marketers and business owners can understand shoppers. Instead of creating separate campaigns for different scenarios, marketing automation will allow you to use personification and deliver a seamless cross-channel experience.
Automation will help marketers understand their audience by providing in-depth analysis, tracking the results, spotting trends, and focusing on segments that should be taken into consideration.
Marketing automation stands to make better use of marketer’s time and the information businesses gather – returning helpful insights and delivering marketing assets when they are most important.